Maureen Sweeney is the Community Education Counsellor at Smithfield State High School. Maureen is employed by Education Queensland and works at Smithfield State High School part-time.
Maureen's principal responsibilities include the following:
- Provide individual support for indigenous students in the areas of social and emotional wellbeing.
- Liaise with students, staff & parents when issues arise or when directed by line managers.
- Support ILT and ILF teachers in the delivery of the ILT/ILF programs at SSHS.
- Assist with the organisation of NAIDOC celebrations in accordance with school recommendations/requirements.
- Provide cultural awareness to whole school community- staff, students and parents.
- Support indigenous students to positively engage with the curriculum and foster academic achievement which meets the SSHS targets for indigenous students.
- Support school management team in tracking academic achievement, attendance and behaviour of indigenous students at 5 weekly intervals and work towards improvement targets.
If you would like to discuss any matter with Maureen, please don't hesitate to contact her via email on firstname.lastname@example.org, or (07) 4058 4343.