What makes Smithfield State High School so unique?
Here are the programs and activities that are either unique to Smithfield State High School or set us apart from other schools in the region:
The Tropical North Learning Academy
A unique partnership across primary, secondary and tertiary sectors to provide smooth transitions and world class learning environments for students. This partnership with Trinity Beach State School and James Cook University is a Queensland first.
James Cook University Academies for high performing university aspirants.
- All students study Philosophy – the development of creative and future thinkers and leaders.
- Futures/Global focus in line with the Tropical Alliance of universities around the world.
- Service guarantee: All academy students exit with an OP 1 to 10 with preferred entry to James Cook University courses.
Jazz and Contemporary Music Academy
- Specialist pathways for talented and accomplished musicians
- Mentoring from world renowned musicians
- Regular performance opportunities across the region
- Certificate IV course in Screen and Media
- Coast FM 101.9 Community Radio Station
- Specialist pathways and programs for aspiring and accomplished soccer players.
- Community support from Marlin Coast Rangers Club.