Languages at Smithfield State High School follow the Australian Curriculum, assessing students in the four core areas of listening, speaking, reading and writing, additional to cultural understanding and experiences.
- Year 7 & 8 - elective. Two lessons per week for one semester
- Year 7 & 8 - elective. Two lessons per week for one semester.
- Year 9 & 10 - elective. Three lessons per week.
- Year 11 & 12 - elective. Authority subject (OP) Four lessons per week.
- Year 9 - elective.
- Year 10 continuing elective 2018.
- For more information click here.
Events and Activities
- Speaking Competitions.
- French Film Festival.
- Young Language Ambassador Program.
- Cultural Excursions.
- Cultural celebrations (Chinese New Year, Bastille Day).
- Sister school project.
Head of Department: Janette Courtney
Phone: (07) 4058 4319